Monday, May 03, 2004

Hello folks, and welcome to my farming journal! I realise many of you city folk won't be very interested in the work of a simple country gent like me, but for the curious, a little about your host. I'm a small llama farmer in Suffolk. My wife runs a home made greeting card delivery service, and that brings in a little extra money. Times are hard here in East Anglia -- farming isn't what it once was, I'm afraid. In 1998, my small poultry business collapsed under pressure from low-paying supermarkets (I won't name names, but it's safe to say it's a household name). After reading a little about llama farming, I decided to diversify. Now the llamas are both used for treks around Thetford Forest (where I run tours) but also in the fledgling llama meat market! I have the best of both worlds. Soon I'll be publishing one of my famous tales of farming, but untill then "that's all folks"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home